Pressure cooker cooking times are substantially shorter than the normal cooking times of dishes. Imagine cooking beef pot roast, 1-1/2 lb to 2 lbs. in 35 to 40 minutes! The short pressure cooker cooking times also has the benefit of saving you costs. Because you use less energy to prepare a meal, you will see it in your electricity or gas bill! This is an added benefit of using a pressure cooker.
To give you an idea of how tasty a pressure cooker meal can be, in spite of the short pressure cooker cooking times, or maybe because of it! Here is a recipe for you to try.
Stuffed Peppers with Apple Dessert
What You Need:
- 4 green peppers
- 2 C ground chicken
- 1 C bread crumbs
- 1/4 C of onion, chopped
- 1 t mixed herbs
- 1/2 t of salt
- 1/4 t of pepper
- 1/2 C of ketchup
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 2 C of water
- 4 cooking apples
- 1/4 C of honey
- 1 t cinnamon
- 12 baby red potatoes
How to Make It:
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds being careful not to cut through the pepper.
- Place the chicken and bread crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, herbs, salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Pour in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and mix the ingredients together.
- Stuff the peppers 2/3 full with the chicken mixture leaving a 1/3 space at the top.
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker and place the trivet into the water.
- Core the apples leaving the bottoms intact.
- Place the honey into a small mixing bowl and sprinkle in the cinnamon.
- Stir until the mixture is blended together well.
- Divide the honey mixture between the 4 apples spooning it into the cored area.
- Place the apples into a large custard dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the stuffed peppers on to the trivet being careful they don’t touch the sides.
- Lay the potatoes around the outside of the peppers.
- Place the apple packet on top.
- Quickly bring the cooker to high pressure.
- Cook 5 minutes then quickly release the pressure under cold water.
To tell when it is safe to remove the lid of the pressure cooker, watch the pressure regulator. When it has stopped moving and hissing the air vent or lock cover will fall. This ensures that all the steam has been released and it is safe to open the lid of the cooker. Never open the lid until all the pressure has been completely released.
Makes 4 servings
Well, I know that you are now all exited about Pressure Cooker Cooking Times
For more Pressure Cooker Recipes Go To: