Easy method for a speckled hen pudding;
- To make a speckled hen, this easy dessert, you have to start by beating ½ a cup of butter and ½ a cup of sugar together very well with one of the Cuisinart Sm-55 5-1/2-Quart Stand Mixers.
- Now you add 2 eggs, well beaten, very gradually to the butter mixture.
- Sift two cups of flour with one teaspoon of baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly add this to the butter mixture with just enough milk to make a batter.
- Stir in 2 cups of currants and steam it in a greased basin for 2 hours.
- Serve this easy dessert with jam or a wine sauce.