The easy pressure cooker recipe I'm going to give you today has many uses and it can be used for different courses of a meal and not only for dessert. This is what you want from good Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes. So, here goes:
Easy Pressure Cooker Recipe - Warm
in Honey Sauce Oranges
What You Need:
- 3 1/2 C of water, divided
- 4 large oranges
- 1/2 C of honey
- 1/4 t of allspice
- 1 t of rum extract
How to Make It:
- Pour 3 C of water into the pressure cooker.
- Place the unpeeled oranges into the water.
- Bring the cooker up to high pressure and poach the oranges for 3 minutes.
- Quickly release the pressure under cold water, remove the oranges and drain the water.
- Peel the oranges and place them back into the cooker.
- Add the honey, allspice, rum extract and remaining water to the cooker.
- Bring the cooker back up to high pressure and cook for 2 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to be released on it own then remove the oranges.
- Allow the sauce to heat over medium heat until it has thickened to your preference.
- Pour the sauce over the oranges just before serving.
This dish is very versatile when it comes to how it's served. It can be used as a side dish at dinner, as a dessert or even as a breakfast treat. Grapefruit can be substituted for the oranges if you prefer. Be sure when you pressure cook fruit that it doesn't touch the side of the cooker and burn.
Makes 4 servings
I'm sure that after this recipe you will be back for more Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes.