All mothers love receiving flowers from anyone, but especially from a child. What will be even more endearing is flowers made from construction paper or tissue paper. So, start helping your kid to make flowers for mother's day with these ideas. Mom will love them and they will last for a long time.
Hand-traced Flowers as one of our Mother's Day Crafts:
This is a good one for toddlers and younger children.
- Green pipe cleaners
- Construction paper
- Make at least four tracings of your child's hand on various colors of paper.
- Bend the end of each pipe cleaner into a small hook shape. (The bent part of the pipe cleaner keeps the flower from slipping off the end and looks like a flower center.)
- Cut out the hand shapes.
- Take each cut-out hand and wrap it around the end of a pipe cleaner. Make sure the "fingers" are pointing upward and the small hook you bent in the pipe cleaner is inside.
- Using glue, secure the hands in their wrapped shape.
- Bend the "fingers" outward a bit to look like petals.
- Place the flowers into a vase, or tie the stems with ribbon.
Tissue Paper Carnations or Roses, another of our Mother's Day crafts:
Here is another type of paper bouquet you can make for Mom (or any other special person in your life!).
- Tissue paper of various colors
- Green pipe cleaners
- Cut 8-10 circles from whatever color tissue paper you like - you don't have to use all one color.
- Stack the circles.
- Poke one of the pipe cleaners through the center of the stack (or do one circle at a time).
- Bend the end of the pipe cleaner to hold the circles firmly.
- Push and shape the circles, separating them a bit, so that they look like a layered carnation shape.
- Cut 8-10 circles from red or pink tissue paper, but make the edges scalloped.
- Proceed as for carnations.
Now that you are all busy with kids crafts why not keep the momentum going and do some more crafts. Kids love crafts and it has many benefits for them. You can also look at crafts such as Kids Knitting Projects or salt dough projects such as you can find in Salt Dough Just 3 Ingredients More Than 100 Projects.
Have fun with these easy Mother's Day Crafts for kids.