Viking Portable Induction Cooker, very handy. You have instant reaction to your heat settings and infinite settings to make sure you get just the right temperature for your frittata. This frittata is made in the oven, though, but I have made it successfully on a Viking Portable Induction Cooker many times.
Well, here is the recipe for Ham Frittata for you to try:
Simple Ham Frittata Recipe
What You Need:
- 8 eggs
- 8 T of Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 2 T of olive oil
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 C of onion, chopped
- 1/2 C of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz. Serrano ham, chopped
- 1/8 t marjoram
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
How to Make It:
- Turn on the broiler and allow it to preheat. (For this a Cuisinart TOB 195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler Stainless is ideal!)
- Carefully break the eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the eggs with 4 T of the cheese and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the oil into a large oven proof skillet positioned over medium high heat.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir the onion, bell pepper and garlic into the potatoes.
- Cook 2 minutes or until the onion and peppers are just beginning to tender.
- Add the ham, marjoram, salt and pepper and stir to blend.
- Spread out the mixture evenly in the skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the potato mixture, tilting the skillet so the eggs spread to the edges of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the skillet and cook 5 minutes or until the top is set around the edges but the center is still lightly runny.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top of the eggs.
- Place the skillet in the oven and broil for 30 seconds or until the center of the frittata is set.
Serrano ham is the Spanish version of Italian prosciutto. Serrano ham is salt cured, air dried then aged. Serrano ham is not smoked so you get a more pure and intense ham taste. If you can't find Serrano ham smoked ham will work just as well in this recipe.