Tropical Chicken Flair
What You Need:
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 C dry cooking sherry
- 8 dehydrated pineapple rings
- 1 T of garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T of sesame seeds
- 2 T of cornstarch
- 1/4 C of water
How to Make It:
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Pour the sherry over the chicken.
- Place the pineapple rings on top the chicken breasts.
- Add in the garlic, ginger root, soy sauce and sesame seeds.
- Bring the cooker to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- Quickly release the pressure under cold water.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple to a warm serving platter.
- Place the cornstarch into the water and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the sauce in the cooker and heat until it reaches desired thickness.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken and pineapple before serving.
Serve this tropical dish over a bed of rice or noodles. One convenience of a pressure cooker is being able to walk away while the meal is cooking. Once the pressure you desire has been reached there is not need to stir, turn or even watch your meal. When the timer goes off just release the pressure and you have a great meal in a matter of no time.
Makes 4 servings
Go To Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipes for more tasty pressure cooker chicken recipes to delight your family and friends with.