Barbecue Steak Dinner with Yams
What You Need:
- 2 C of water
- 1 (12 oz.) lean round steak
- 4 yams, scrubbed and sliced
- 8 T of barbecue sauce
- 4 bananas, unpeeled
- 4 T of honey
- 1 t cinnamon
How to Make It:
- Place the trivet into the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Pour the water over the trivet.
- Trim the steak of any visible fat.
- Place the steak onto the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- Layer the yam slices over the top of the steak.
- Bring the pressure cooker to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut each of the bananas in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle the honey over each banana slice then sprinkle each slice with the cinnamon.
- Lay the bananas prepared side up onto a piece of aluminum foil.
- Wrap the foil around the bananas and seal.
- After the 20 minute cooking quick cool the pressure cooker under cold water.
- Spread the barbecue sauce over the top of the yams and steak.
- Lay the wrapped bananas on top of the barbecue sauce covered yams.
- Recover the cooker and bring the pressure up to high.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool the cooker under cold water before removing the food.
The quick release under water is the safest, fastest and easiest method in releasing the pressure in your pressure cooker. Leave the lid on the cooker and place in a cleared sink. Run cold water over the top of the cooker to release the pressure. It only takes a few seconds and when you open the cooker no odors or dangerous steam will escape.
Makes 4 servings
Go to Pressure Cooker Beef Recipes for more tasty pressure cooker beef recipes.