OK, so no you want to know why I like my blender so much. Well, to start off with it is strong and it can blend huge quantities of soup with ease. In spite of the fact that it is so strong, it fits perfectly into your hand and it is easy to control.
So even if you make a really large pot of soup, you will not have any problems blending it perfectly. For me that is important. You do not want a mess of soup splattered all over the kitchen because you lost control of your machine.
The example of the soup I'm giving you is not very strongly colored, so in this case my following point does not matter, but if you use it often you will realize how important it is. What I'm referring to is the fact that it has a stainless steel shaft that prevents staining. So, even if you blend tomato soup and curry sauces with it, it will not stain.
The shaft is also dishwasher safe and therefore it makes cleaning up a whole lot easier. Speaking of cleaning up, because you can do the blending right in the pot, you also have fewer dishes to wash as you are not using extra bowls or jugs to blend your soups and sauces with.
Well, now to wet your appetite, here is a tasty creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe for you where you can use your machine to puree the soup with. You may think cauliflower for a soup sounds weird, but you will be surprised at how tasty it is. So, try it and spoil your family with a tasty, nutritious, hot soup this winter,
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Large head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 C Chicken broth
- 2 T Chicken bouillon granules
- 2 C Half and half
- 2 C Milk
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 t Garlic powder
- 1/2 C Instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. Cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make It:
- Place the cauliflower, broth and bouillon granules into a large soup pot over high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a brisk boil.
- Place the heat on low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pot and mash with a potato masher.
- Pour the broth mixture into the crock pot and then add the mashed cauliflower.
- Pour the cream and milk into the crock pot.
- Add the shredded carrots, bay leaf and garlic powder.
- Stir to combine the ingredients together well.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Stir the potato flakes into the crock pot, cover and continue cooking on low for 40 minutes or until the soup is a thick as you like.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Use your Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Hand Blender to puree the soup completely
- Sprinkle in the cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Recover and continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted into the soup.
Of course you can use a normal blender for this. The problem is you will have to do it in stages, a little bit at a time to prevent accidents. If you add too much soup at a time to a normal jug blender the lid will blow because of the heat of the soup. The soup will also turn out a bit chunky as well.
So, for a perfectly smooth soup it is best to use a Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Hand Blender.
Do you have a Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Hand Blender yet? If not go to My Kitchen Online to get all the details.