Thursday, April 1, 2010

What Is A Thinking Prayer?

What is a thinking prayer? Do we even know that there is something like a thinking prayer?

I pondered this and then at a prayer meeting found these great ideas to help me keep focused when I'm praying and to give my prayers structure. Keeping these points in mind gives my prayers structure and helps me to pray with a purpose.

A thinking prayer can be thought of as a "circle."

This means that you end where you started:

This is also a formula that can be used with great success if you are thinking about Starting A prayer Group

  • Start with praise
  • Declare your dependence on God
  • Become quiet
  • Confession
  • Bible Study and praying the word
  • Commitment to do as God says
  • Intercession let God's kingdom come
  • Pour out your needs to God
  • Thanks giving
  • Stay alert
  • Get wisdom from God
  • End with praise

This is not a set formula, but it is a way to keep my prayers structured and to keep my mind on God and the Holy Spirit while I'm praying.

Remember:

Romans 8:26 (The Message)

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.

No comments:

Post a Comment