Here is a recipe to give you an idea of how bread recipe can be altered to become Recipes For Stand Mixers.
Oatmeal Potato Yeast Rolls
What You Need:
- 1/2 C potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 C quick cooking oats
- 1/2 C of butter, room temperature and divided
- 2 (1/4 oz.) pkgs. active dry yeast
- 1 C of warm water (115 degrees)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C of sugar
- 1 t salt
- 4 C of bread flour, divided
- 1 C of whole wheat flour
How to Make It:
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and just cover with water.
- Place the pan on high heat and bring the water to a brisk boil.
- Boil the potatoes for 8 minutes or until very tender.
- Reserve 3 T of the cooking water then drain the potatoes.
- Place the oats into a mixing bowl and add the reserved potato water.
- Stir the mixture until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl mash the potatoes then stir in 6 T of the butter.
- Add the oat mixture to the potatoes and stir until blended together well.
- Place the yeast into a mixing bowl, add the water and stir until dissolved.
- Beat in the eggs, sugar, salt, 2 C of the bread flour and the potato mixture/
- Add the remaining bread flour and just enough wheat flour to form stiff dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and turn the dough onto the surface.
- Knead for 6 minutes or until smooth and elastic. (Of course with your stand mixer these two steps will be changed as you will do the kneading with the dough hook of your stand mixer.)
- Grease the side of a non metallic bowl and place the dough in the bowl.
- Turn the dough over once to coat all sides.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees and grease two 9 inch round pans.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and turn the chilled dough out on the surface.
- Divide the dough into 32 balls.
- Place the balls, sides touching into the prepared baking pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks then brush with the remaining butter.
These rolls are pretty simple to make and taste great. Brush the tops with garlic butter or sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the tops after brush with the remaining butter.
This is how easy making bread become when you change the recipes to become Recipes For Stand Mixers.