Here I am going to give you the recipe for a chilled, jellied cucumber soup that makes a great starter for a special dinner.
Chilled Cucumber Soup Recipe
Ingredients for the chilled cucumber soup recipe:
- 4 Cups of chicken stock, preferably a homemade Chicken Stock
- 1/4Cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 4 Teaspoons gelatin
- 11/2 Cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 Cup cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A drop of green food coloring
- Lemon slices for garnishing
- Soak the gelatin in the cold water
- Dissolve this mixture in the hot chicken stock
- Add the lemon juice
- Color it very carefully with a very small amount of green coloring ( you really have to be careful as it can very easily be too dark)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Allow the mixture to cool and become thick without actually setting
- Peel the cucumber, remove the pips and chop the cucumber into very small pieces
- Fold the cucumber into the gelatin mixture
- Add more salt and pepper if necessary
- Allow the mixture to set
- Break the set gelatin mixture into small pieces for serving and serve the soup in chilled bowls decorated with lemon slices.
So this, this chilled cucumber soup recipe makes a good variation from the normal chilled cucumber soup recipes.