Here is the recipe for a really tasty and fun ice cream you can make with your Cuisinart ICE-50BC Supreme Ice Cream Maker. Who would have thought that pumpkin in the form of ice cream can be so tasty?
So, try this recipe in your Cuisinart ICE-50BC Supreme Ice Cream Maker. Of course, because of the hot custard it will take a little longer to freeze because the liquid is hot. It will speed the process up if you cool the custard in the fridge first. Remember the Cuisinart ICE-50BC Supreme Ice Cream Maker's bowl does not have to be cooled before use like many other ice cream machines you get.
Spiced Pumpkin Custard Ice Cream
What You Need:
- 2 C whipping cream
- 3/4 C dark brown sugar, packed
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground allspice
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 C canned pumpkin
How to Make It:
- Pour the cream into a saucepan placed over medium heat.
- Stir the brown sugar into the cream.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Place the egg yolks into a small mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice and cloves until well combined.
- Remove 1/2 C of the hot cream and slowly whisk it into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hot cream mixture whisking as you pour.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or just until the mixture coats a metal spoon and a finger mark runs clear through the mixture, being sure not to allow the mixture to boil.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir the vanilla into the mixture well.
- Whisk the pumpkin into the mixture well.
- Pour into the freezer canister and freeze according to the direction for your ice cream maker.
- Allow to ripen 4 hours.
Fill the freezer canister on your ice cream maker 2/3 full. This will allow room for the ice cream to expand during the freezing process. Always refrigerate any extra until you are ready to place it in the ice cream maker.