So, for this recipe to be really easy to make you really need a food processor such as the Cuisinart 11-Cup Pro Custom 11 Food Processors to make light work of the chopping.
Other than that this soup cannot be easier to make. You can put it in the slow cooker, after the Cuisinart 11-Cup Pro Custom 11 Food Processors made light work of the chopping, and forget about it and go to work and come back to a fully cooked meal.
Cuisinart PSC 350 3 1 2 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker you will have to half the recipe.
I love the Cuisinart PSC 350 3 1 2 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker because it is programmable up to 24 hours and when the cooking time is over it switches to "warm" to keep the food hot without overcooking it.
If you have a big family though, you may have to look at a bigger slow cooker such as the West Bend Slow Cooker, and more specifically to the West Bend 84716 Versatility 6 Quart Oval Slo Cooker that will be big enough for the full recipe.
Choosing between these two is purely a matter of the size of your family and which functions are the most important to you.
OK, enough of the ramblings, here is your Easy Shredded Cabbage and Beef Soup Recipe:
Shredded Cabbage and Beef Soup
What You Need:
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 lb cooked ground beef, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 white potatoes, cubed
- 4 C cabbage shredded
- 3 C vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
How to Make It:
- Place the cooked bacon and ground beef into the crock pot and stir slightly to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Add the onion, potatoes and cabbage.
- Stir in the vegetable broth until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Gently stir in the diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and stir to incorporate.
- Cover and cook on the low temperature setting 8 hours.
Beef or chicken broth can be used in place of the vegetable broth. Adjust the amount of salt to 1/2 t if you use a meat based broth. These types of broth can sometimes be a little salty.