Of course, if you prefer, you can brown the chicken cubes in your West Bend Slow Cooker before you add the rest of the ingredients. This is one of the other benefits of the West Bend Slow Cooker, actually the West Bend 84716 Versatility 6 Quart Oval Slo Cooker to be more specific, you can use it on the stove or in the oven as well. It is where the part of Versatility comes in.
One more variation I make to this recipe is to fry a little bit of chopped onion with the chicken cubes. I love a little onion in al my soups, but that is a personal preference.
Mushroom Packed Chicken Soup
What You Need:
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 C of water
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless cut into cubes
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C fresh baby carrots
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 t garlic powder
How to Make It:
- Place the soup into the slow cooker.
- Add the water and stir to combine well.
- Salt and pepper the chicken cubes then add them to the slow cooker.
- Place the mushrooms, carrots and celery into the mixture.
- Sprinkle in the garlic powder and stir to incorporate all the flavors together.
- Cover and cook on the low temperature setting 7 hours.
Serving Size: 4
Any type of mushrooms can be used just be sure they are fresh not canned. Try white mushrooms and Portobello mushrooms together for added flavor. If you really like mushrooms double the amount. No extra cooking time will be needed.