Well, then it is a good idea to get an extra smaller freezer that you can put somewhere and use for all those savings you can get. For this purpose you can always look at a small freezer such as the Frigidaire Chest Freezer, or the full name: Frigidaire FFC0723DW 7-1/5-Cubic-Foot Manual-Defrost Chest Freezer White.
So often we find that we can get hold of considerable savings if only we had more space. Other times we have these tasty recipes for the freezer and we do not have enough space. Well than the Frigidaire Chest Freezer is a very good idea.
OK, back to our topic, here is a tasty recipe ideal for freezing. You can make it ahead of time and when you need it you simply defrost and go!
Pie Crust from the Freezer
What You Need:
- 2 C sifted all purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 C shortening
- 4 to 5 T ice water
- Wax paper
- Freezer wrap
How to Make It:
- Place the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender until mixture become crumbly.
- Add 1 T of the ice water at a time.
- After each addition, toss with a fork.
- Push moistened ingredients to the side.
- Only add ice water to dry ingredients.
- Continue adding the ice water 1 T at a time until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Dough should be moist enough to hold together but not sticky.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a ball.
- Wrap each ball with wax paper.
- Wrap tightly in the freezer wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.
- When ready to use bring to room temperature and roll out as desired.
Now, with this freezer recipe, you are ready for guests in no time.