Thursday, February 18, 2010

Easy Coffee Recipes - Not Only To Drink

When you are looking at easy coffee recipes, there are some people do not think of. Those easy coffee recipes not for coffee to drink but all the other tasty stuff you can make with your coffee. I particularly love a coffee cake so I thought I'll give you my recipe as one of my easy coffee recipes.

Coffee Sponge

Ingredients:

  • 4 Eggs
  • ½ Cup milk ¼ Teaspoon salt
  • 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 4 Tablespoons oil
  • 2 Cups of flour
  • 1 ½ Cup of sugar
  • ½ cup very strong coffee
  • 3 Teaspoons baking powder
Method:

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 Degrees fahrenheit
  2. Heat the milk and coffee without boiling it
  3. Beat the eggs and add the sugar slowly, bit by bit. (A Cuisinart SM-55 5-1/2-Quart Stand Mixers is ideal for this)
  4. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together
  5. Fold into the egg mixture
  6. Add the vanilla
  7. Fold in the hot milk and coffee
  8. Turn into two 9 inch prepared pans (at least 2 ½ inch deep)
  9. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes until done
  10. Decorate as you wish, I like a coffee frosting.

So, there you have another of my easy coffee recipes that are not for the drink coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment