With a Musso Lussino 4080 you can really make ice cream on very short notice. Unlike other ice cream maker you do not have to freeze the bowl for hours before you can start making your ice cream, you can start immediately, just when the craving gets you!
Once you have mastered your Musso Lussino 4080 you will want to start experimenting and to give you a good idea of a tasty variation here is a recipe for you to try.
Sweet Basil Strawberry Ice Cream
What You Need:
- 3 C of milk, divided
- 3/4 C of sugar
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 6 large sweet basil leaves
- 3 C of strawberries, halved
How to Make It:
- Pour 1 1/2 C of the milk into a saucepan placed over medium heat.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and basil leaves to the saucepan.
- Using a wooden spoon press the basil leaves against the side of the pan to bruise the leaves.
- Stirring continuously, cook the mixture for 5 minutes or until a finger mark runs clear on a coated metal spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining milk.
- Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place the strawberries into a food processor. (You can use your Kitchenaid 5 Speed Blenders With Polycarbonate Jars for this purpose)
- Cover and puree the berries until smooth.
- Remove the basil leaves from the milk mixture and discard.
- Fold the pureed strawberries into the milk mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or until very cold. (with a Musso Lussino 4080 this is strictly not necessary, you can only let it cool a little, it will take longer to make the ice cream though, as it has to cool it first)
- Pour the chilled strawberry mixture into the freezer canister.
- Freeze as directed by the manufacturer.
- Ripen for 4 hours.
Bruising basil leaves is an important part of releasing their flavor. It allows the flavors to blend without crushing the leaves making it difficult to remove them from the cooked mixture.