The Presto Pressure Cooker 8 Qt is strong and durable and it will be up to the heavy duty you expect from it in daily use. I do not have the latest pressure cooker, the reason is because my old Presto pressure Cooker that I bought 35 ago is still in perfect condition in spite of all the cooking I've done with it bringing up a family.
So, I'm convinced that the Presto Pressure Cooker 8 Qt will live up to it's name as it looks exactly as mine but for a few modifications to make it better and safer! A Presto Pressure Cooker 8 Qt is always a good choice if you ask me.
To give you an idea of all the tasty meals you can prepare with your Presto Pressure Cooker 8 Qt, here is a recipe to try out on your brand new Presto Pressure Cooker 8 Qt:
Italian Tomato Pot Roast
What You Need:
- 1 (3 lb.) pot roast
- 1 C of baby carrots
- 1 C onion, sliced
- 1/2 C of water
- 1 C dry red wine
- 4 potatoes
- 1 (16 oz.) can of whole tomatoes, including the juice
- 1 t salt
- 2 T of vegetable bouillon
- 2 t of Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
How to Make It:
- Coat the cooker with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place the roast, carrots and onions into the cooker.
- Cook until the roast is browned on all sides.
- Pour the water and wine into the cooker.
- Lay the potatoes around the roast.
- Pour the tomatoes with the juice into the cooker.
- Sprinkle evenly with the salt, bouillon and Italian seasoning.
- Add the garlic and bay leaf.
- Bring the pressure to high and cook for 45 minutes.
- Let the pressure fall on its own.
For something a little different substitute sweet potatoes for the regular potatoes and add 2 C of chicken broth instead of the water and wine. When browning meats in the pressure cooker place the cooker on medium heat and gently brown. After the meat has browned add the liquid and proceed as described in the recipe.
Makes 6 servings
So, go and try out this tasty recipe in your Presto Pressure Cooker 8 Qt.
If you do not have a pressure cooker yet, go and have a look at the Presto Pressure Cooker 8 Qt.