Why not spend a whole lot less and still have all the taste with these CopyCat Recipes Restaurants have nightmares about? Your family and friends will not believe you have made them in your own kitchen! With these CopyCat Recipes Restaurants hate, you get all the praise and non goes to the restaurant. Try this one, I know you'll be back for more.
Copycat Outback Creamy Onion Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sweet yellow onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup diced Velveeta cheese, cubes (compressed in measuring cup)
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups white sauce
- 4 bay leaves (more or less if you like)
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese or colby cheese (to garnish, or a combo)
1) For the white sauce:
- In a 1-quart saucepan melt butter and add flour, cook on medium heat until the flour turns thick and comes away from the side of the saucepan.
- Pour milk in flour a little at a time and stir constantly. Mixture should thicken and become like thick pudding.
- Remember to stir constantly taking care not to let mixture lump, set aside off from heat until ready to use for the soup.
2) For the onions:
- In 2-quart saucepan place 3 tablespoons butter and sliced onions.
- Cook at low to medium heat stirring frequently until soft and clear but not brown.
- Add chicken broth or stock from can, chicken bouillon cubes, bay leaves, pepper, and stir until completely heated through.
- Add white sauce and Velveeta cheese to onion mixture.
- White sauce will be thick because it has been removed from the heat.
- Simmer on medium low heat until the cheese is melted and all ingredients are blended, stirring constantly.
- Turn temperature to warm and let cook for additional 30 minute to 45 minutes.
4) Serve with a garnish of shredded cheese(s), and a couple of
slices of warm dark Russian Bread.
Well, what could be easier? It goes to show you why these CopyCat Recipes Restaurants hate are giving them nightmares! Go and try this recipe, I know you will be back for more.
Go To: CoyCat Recipes Restaurants