Here is a recipe to try with your Cuisinart DLC5BC:
CRUSTY BUTTERMILK BREAD
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 dessertspoon honey or soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 6 cup loaf pan.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with a little of the buttermilk. Stir into the rest of the buttermilk.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, honey or brown sugar and salt. Add the buttermilk mixture and mix well.
- Place the dough in the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for an hour. Allow to cool slightly in the pan, then turn out on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Serve with butter and jam or cheese.
If you do not have a Cuisinart DLC5BC yet, get one!
Go To: Cuisinart DLC5BC