So, here is your recipe, try it, it is easier than you may think and one of the Cuisinart SM-55 5-1/2-Quart Stand Mixers makes it child's play.
What You Need:
- 2 (1/4 oz) pkgs. active dry yeast
- 1 C warm water
- 1/3 C butter at room temperature
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 C flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 t cold water
- 1/4 t cinnamon
How to Make It:
- Dump the packages of yeast into a mixing bowl.
- Add the warm water (110 degrees) to the yeast and stir until completely dissolved.
- Place the butter, sugar and salt into the yeast mixture.
- Break the eggs into the mixture and add 3 C of flour.
- Use an electric mixer, such as one of the Cuisinart SM-55 5-1/2-Quart Stand Mixers, and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 C of the remaining flour and stir until a soft dough forms.
- The remaining flour may be added as necessary to form the dough.
- Flour a flat surface.
- Knead the dough 7 minutes or until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Butter a large bowl on the bottom and up the sides.
- Place the dough into the buttered bowl turning to cover with the butter on all sides.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise double in size about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down with your fist.
- Very lightly flour the flat surface again.
- Place the dough on the floured surface and divided into four sections.
- Shape each section of dough into an 18 in long rope.
- Grease a cookie sheet and place the ropes parallel on the sheet.
- Start with the right rope and braid the dough ropes together.
- The first rope should go over the second rope, under the third rope and over the fourth rope.
- Continue always beginning on the right side until the ropes are completely braided together then pinch the ends to seal.
- Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Heat the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place the egg yolk, cold water and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl and whisk to completely combine.
- Brush the dough with the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake the Bread 22 minutes or a golden brown.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack before cutting.
Serving Size: 1 loaf
Making bread isn't really that difficult. Being sure to completely dissolve the yeast, kneading the bread until it becomes elastic and making sure you allow the bread to rise as directed will insure that you have the perfect bread every time.
Have A Look At The Cuisinart SM-55 5-1/2-Quart Stand Mixers