It is so much easier blending the soup in the pot with a Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Hand Blender instead of having to process it bit by bit in a normal blender. This saves you time and extra dishes to wash!
So if you have a Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Hand Blender you can use it for this tasty soup recipe.
Ingredients for this carrot and coriander soup recipe:
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, sliced, plus 2-3 leafy celery tops
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- 1 lb carrots, preferably young and tender, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2-3tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 cup semi skimmed milk
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole or heavy-based saucepan
- and fry the onion over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened but not browned.
- Add the celery and potato, cook for a few minutes, then add the carrot.
- Fry over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, and then cover.
- Reduce the heat even further and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Shake the pan or stir occasionally so the vegetables do not stick to the base.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and then partially cover and simmer for a further 8-10 minutes until the carrot and potato are tender.
- Remove 6-8 tiny celery leaves for a garnish and finely chop about 1 tbsp of the remaining celery tops.
- In a small saucepan, dry fry the ground coriander for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat, add the chopped celery and fresh coriander and fry for about 1 minute, set aside.
- Process the soup in with your Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Hand Blender.
- Stir in the milk, coriander mixture and seasoning. Heat gently, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve garnished with the reserved celery