Well, get out your Cuisinart DLC5BC Food Processor 7-Cup Chrome, or as some call it the Cuisinart DLC-5BK 7-Cup Capacity Food Processor, and try this Tasty Black Eye Pea Veggie Salad Recipe:
Black Eye Pea Veggie Salad
What You Need:
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen black eyed peas, cook as pkg. directs and drain well
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. regular sweet peas, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 C of olive oil
- 1/3 C white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 C of fresh mint, chopped
How to Make It:
- Place the cooked black eyed peas into a serving bowl.
- Fold in the sweet peas, onions, celery, pepper and carrots until combined well.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a small bowl until well blended.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper and whisk to blend in.
- Pour the dressing in with the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or tightly with foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Remove the bowl and toss again.
- Layer the tomatoes over the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and mint before serving.
Makes 12 servings
Preparation Time: approximately 20 minutes
Chill Time: approximately 4 hours
Total Time: approximately 4 hours 20 minutes
This bit of the south makes a wonderful salad for your buffet. Brightly colored it will bring a touch of warmth to your meal. Any vegetables will work in this salad so mix and match to find the right combination for your family tastes.
Next time you want to entertain you do not have to fear all the chopping, get a Cuisinart DLC5BC Food Processor 7-Cup Chrome and make this tasty Black Eye Pea Veggie Salad.