So if you have made some very strong coffee in your Cuisinart DCC 1200 12 Cup Brew Central Coffeemaker to use in some Easy Coffee Recipes, you can also use a little bit of it to make a tasty Coffee ice cream.
Here is a recipe to try. This recipe is for ice cream without an ice cream maker, but if you have an ice cream maker such as the Musso Lussino 4080 ice cream maker you can pour it into your Musso Lussino 4080 ice cream maker at the point, where the recipe says you have to pour the ice cream into a refrigerator ice tray, you pour it into your Musso Lussino 4080 ice cream maker and freeze it according to instructions.
Coffee Ice Cream:
What You Need:
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 C of milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 T vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons very strong coffee
- 2 C whipping cream, chilled
How to Make It:
- Dump the sugar into a heavy duty saucepan.
- Sprinkle the salt over the sugar.
- Pour the milk and coffee into the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Add the egg yolks and stir until all the ingredients are combined together well.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stirring constantly cook 3 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear around the edges.
- Remove the pan from the stove and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the ice cream into a refrigerator try and place in the freezer 45 minutes or until mushy.
- Place 2 bowls in the refrigerator to chill.
- Add the whipping cream to the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks begin to form.
- Spoon the partially frozen ice cream mixture into the second chilled bowl.
- Beat with the mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mixture well.
- Pour the ice cream evenly into 2 refrigerator trays and cover with wax paper.
- Freeze at least 3 hours or until firm stirring the ice cream mixture about every 10 minutes for the first hour of freezing time.
Makes 1 quart of ice cream
To make this ice cream in a crank style ice cream maker, follow the above directions to where you add the vanilla. Add the vanilla and whipping cream together. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the freezer can of ice cream maker. Fill the freezer tub 1/3 full of ice and then add the remaining ice cream. Crank until it becomes too difficult to turn. Drain off water, replace the lid and allow the ice cream to ripen for at least 4 hours.
So grab your Cuisinart DCC 1200 12 Cup Brew Central Coffeemaker, make some strong coffee for all your tasty Easy Coffee Recipes and make some coffee ice cream in your Musso Lussino 4080 ice cream maker