Friday, September 25, 2009

Cuisinart 7 Cup Food Processor - Cooking Made Easy - And A Slow Cooker Recipe


Cooking is a lot of fun, but all that chopping is not! So that is why I love food processors and as Cuisinart is synonymous with food processors I though giving them a look might be a good idea. You can go to my site My Kitchen Online and have a look at the range of Cuisinart 7 Cup Food Processor I have there.

But, back to the business of cooking. I think most of us are always looking for fast and easy, but tasty recipes. It is not possible to love healthily from fast food and convenience food all the time.

This is where my slow cooker comes in. I use it almost every day. Even if I do not cook the whole meal in it, I at least cook the meat in it or any of the dishes that needs a lot of time to cook, You chuck it in the slow cooker and you’re done.

So, for today I thought I’ll give you a slow cooker recipes, I hope you will enjoy it.

OXTAIL CASSEROLE WITH REDCURRANT JELLY

Ingredients;

  • 2 ¼ lb oxtail pieces
  • 4 oz streaky bacon, rinded and chopped
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 carrots, thinly sliced
  • A little flour
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 ½ cups beef stock or half stock and half red wine
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
  • 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly (optional)
Method:

  1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the bacon, onion and carrots.
  2. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beginning to turn golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to the slow-cooker.
  3. Toss the oxtail pieces in the flour, seasoned with a little salt and pepper to taste, shaking off the excess.
  4. Add them to the hot saucepan and brown quickly on all sides.
  5. Transfer to the slow-cooker.
  6. Stir the stock, tomato paste and herbs into the saucepan.
  7. Bring to the boil and pour over the contents of the slow-cooker.
  8. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-12 hours.
  9. When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to lift the meat and vegetables on to a serving plate.
  10. Keep warm.
  11. Allow the juices in the slow-cooker to rise to the top.
  12. Either skim off the fat with a spoon or mop it up with paper towels.
  13. Add the redcurrant jelly into the remaining juices and stir until dissolved.
  14. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve on rice.
For more slow cooker recipes you can have a look at: Recipes For Slow Cookers

Do have a look at the Cuisinart 7 Cup Food Processor

No comments:

Post a Comment