Let's have a look at these two ways of generating your own electricity and how you can save money on your energy bills.
For many years we've seen solar panels on the roofs of homes all across the country. The panel absorbs the heat from the sun, converts it into electricity and than stores it for later use.
1. Once you have the panels installed it's a free source of energy
2. It doesn't pollute and it's renewable
1. It doesn't work with out sun so you will only generate energy on sunny days and for about 12 hours a day when the sun is actually up.
2. One or two panels won't generate enough electricity for your home.
In order to harness the energy of wind you will need a turbine that can convert that energy into electricity and store it in batteries for use later.
1. You can build your own turbine for little money so it doesn't cost much to set up.
2. Non-polluting, renewable energy source.
1. Will only work when there is wind.
2. One turbine won't be enough to meet all your household electrical needs.
This short overview should give you a pretty good idea of what you will be able to do to save on your energy bills. It is and investment that will pay for itself in a very short while and worth looking into. I know for sure, wind power will cut energy bills, even if you can only run all your appliances on it.