- 1 can (16 oz) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil (more or less until consistency is right)
- cayenne pepper to taste
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- In food processor, blend together garbanzo beans, sesame seeds, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and vegetable broth, until smooth.
- With processor on, start to drizzle in olive oil.
- Watch closely and add more if consistency is too thick.
- Stop and taste, then add seasonings, mix, stop, taste, add more... and continue until the hummus is seasoned the way you like it.