So, try this tasty frittata recipe when you want to serve something special for breakfast.
Breakfast Mixed Vegetable Frittata Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 C of low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 C feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 C of skim milk
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make It:
- Set the oven temperature to 375 and preheat.
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate well with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the squash, zucchini and onion into a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well and place in the prepared pie plate.
- Top the vegetables with the mozzarella cheese and then the tomatoes.
- Spread the feta cheese over the tomatoes.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, basil, garlic, salt and pepper together well.
- Pour the mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
This is a great way to use up all those extra garden vegetables. Use whatever mix of vegetables you have on hand.