If you have a breadmaker such as the Cuisinart CBK 100 Programmable Breadmaker and a slow cooker such a Cuisinart PSC 350 3 1 2 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, producing such a meal will not be a problem.
With your slow cooker you can be away all day and the soup will be ready when you return and the same goes for the breadmaker as it is programmable and you can set it to have the bread ready at the time you want it.
Here is a soup recipe to try out and serve with your homemade bread. It may be a little too big for a Cuisinart PSC 350 3 1 2 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, but as it is for 8 people it is easy to half the quantities for a small family.
Short Rib Soup Beans Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 lb Great North Beans, soak overnight then rinse and drain
- 3/4 C onion, chopped
- 1/8 t pepper
- 11/2 lb beef short ribs
- 6 C water
- 1 t salt
- 1 C barbecue sauce
How to Make It:
- Place the soaked beans into the slow cooker.
- Add the onion and pepper.
- Place the short ribs into the slow cooker.
- Pour the water over the top and stir gently.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 hours.
- Remove the short ribs from the crock pot and use to forks to shred the meat off the bones.
- Return the meat to the crock pot and discard the bones.
- Pour in the barbecue sauce.
- Recover, turn the heat setting to high and continue cooking 30 minutes.
If you want a little more of a beef taste reduce the water to 4 C and add 1 can of beef broth to the crock pot. Always be sure to soak the beans. This will ensure a soft bean when the soup is done.