To make this recipe successful you will need either one of the KitchenAid 5 Speed Blenders With Polycarbonate Jars or a food processor such as one of the Cuisinart 11 Cup Pro Custom 11 Food Processors.
Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Recipe
What You Need:
- 1/3 C lite margarine, at room temperature
- 2 C graham-cracker crumbs
- 1 (24 oz.) container no fat cottage cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) container lite cream-cheese
- 1 1/4C light brown sugar, packed firm
- 2 lg. egg whites
- 2 lg. whole eggs
- 2 C pumpkin puree
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 tsp. pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
How to Make It:
- Place the margarine in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs and mix together until the crumbs are completely moist and stick together well.
- Spray a spring form pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan and set aside.
- Place the cottage cheese into the blender or food processor.
- Add the cream cheese and blend for 2 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Place the brown sugar into the cream cheese mixture and blend until dissolved.
- Add the egg whites and the whole eggs and blend until completely combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, cornstarch, pie spice and vanilla.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until completely combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Place the oven temperature on 325 degrees and allow the oven to heat.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until set.
- Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Be sure to allow the pie to come to room temperature before covering and placing in the refrigerator. This keeps condensation from building on the top of the pie which leads to a mushy consistency. The pie can be kept in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days.
This pie can be a lifesaver when you are entertaining as it is one less thing you have to do on the day itself. Make it the day before and leave you and your stove free for the other dishes you plan on making. So, try this Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Recipe