Creamy Pumpkin Cake Slices Recipe
What You Need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 2/3 C pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
How to Make It:
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed 4 minutes.
- Continue beating the eggs while gradually adding the sugar.
- Add the pumpkin and stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Pour in the lemon juice and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl.
- Sift the baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in with the flour.
- Add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine together well.
- Bring the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Line a 15 in X 10 in pan with wax paper.
- Spread the batter into the pan evenly.
- Bake 12 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the powered sugar completely over a kitchen towel.
- Turn the cake out onto the towel and roll up together.
- Place the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together and beat until light and fluffy.
- Unroll the cake and spread the mixture evenly on the cake.
- Sprinkle with the nuts.
- Roll the cake again and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until completely chilled.
- Remove and cut into 1 1/2 in slices before serving.
As you can see, you cannot very well make this recipe without a mixer and the Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer 63220 is a very good choice.