So, I will not keep you any longer, here is the recipe for your bratwursts:
What You Need:
- 8 bratwursts
- 1 (12 oz) can of beer
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 lb sauerkraut, drained well
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 (10 inn) tortillas
- 8 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 8 slices smoked Swiss cheese
How to Make It:
- Pour the beer into a large pan and place on medium high heat.
- Add the bratwurst and bring to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the bratwurst to lie in the beer until cooled.
- Place the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook 6 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
- Stir in the sauerkraut, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes and cook 5 more minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium high temperature.
- Place the bratwurst on the grill and cook 8 minutes, turning often to cook all sides.
- Spread some of the sauerkraut mixture down the middle of each tortilla.
- Place two halves of the bratwurst on top of the sauerkraut.
- Spread the bratwurst with the mustard and add a slice of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the cheese and fold the bottom and tops in to close.
- Over medium heat grill the tortilla 3 minutes per side until toasted and the cheese is melted.
These are great to make for a tailgate party. Mix all your ingredients together, grab the grill, and be on your way. They will be such a hit that you’ll be asked to double the quantity next time around.
If I were you, I would not even wait for the next suitable occasion, I'll try this recipe out right now and see how my family loves it. Make it indoors if you do not want to grill outside, it will still be a hit with your family.