Good for You Blueberry Crepes
What You Need:
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 C of fat free milk
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 C of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C of reduced sugar orange marmalade
- 1 C of unsweetened blueberries
- Splenda, equivalent to 8 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 C fat free sour cream
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
How to Make It:
- Place the egg whites, milk and oil in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg white mixture and blend it in well.
- Place the marmalade into a saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, cook the marmalade over low heat until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the blueberries and Splenda.
- Mix the sour cream and cinnamon together.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the skillet over low heat and add 2 tbsp of the batter.
- Lift the pan to evenly coat the bottom with the batter.
- Cook until the top is dry and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Remove the crepe to a wire rack to cool and continue cooking the batter until all the batter is used.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread each of the crepes with 1 tbsp of the sour cream mixture.
- Roll each crepe up over the mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Spoon the blueberries over the top of each crepe.
- Bake 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
This is a wonderful healthy breakfast to serve to your family on a lazy Sunday morning. Use raspberries, blackberries or strawberries in place of the blueberries if you prefer.
What a treat to be able to serve your family a breakfast that is not only delicious, but also very healthy. This is an easy way to start the day this way with part of the five fruit and veggies of the day. Try these and see how your family loves them.