After the recipe you can have a look at food processors and what you need to know about them before you decide on the one that is best for you.
For this recipe lots of chopping is called for and that is where your food processor will come in really handy.
Crunchy Dijon Dressed Brown And Wild Rice Salad
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked wild Rice
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, including the tops
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded and chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the two rices with lemon juice, mixing thoroughly.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the rice mixture with parsley, green onions, celery, red bell pepper, and cabbage.
- In separate small bowl, put the red wine vinegar and Dijon, whisking together until combined.
- Keep whisking and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until dressing thickens slightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then whisk again just to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing as you go.
- Chill in refrigerator if desired.
- Toss again lightly before serving.
When you are looking at food processors there are a few things you have to look at. You do not want to end up with a machine that is not right for you and your family. It is best if you keep a few things in mind to make sure you do not land up with the wrong food processor as it can be a costly mistake.
What you have to look for:
The very first thing you have to look at is the size of the machine. Here the size of your family and the kind of tasks you want to perform play a role. If you have a large family and you want to perform many functions with it, going for a larger one is preferable.
You must also make sure that it can do everything you want it to do. If you only want to chop a few veggies, almost anyone will do. If, on the other hand, you want to be able to make dough, slice vegetables, shred cheese, mince garlic and herbs, mix batters and emulsifying mayonnaise you have to look at a really good food processor.
Another important point to look at is how many of the attachments you will use are included and how many you will have to buy extra. You have to keep this in mind as it can really change the end price you are going to pay for the machine.
One machine may be very cheap, but once you have bought all the attachments not included, it may turn out to be more expensive than another that had all the attachments included.
Depending on what you want to use the machine for, the size of the feed tube is very important. You will know if you will want to stuff large chunks of ingredients through the feed tube. It is not use to have to chop the veggies first before you can feed them into your machine.
Then, very important, the ease of cleaning will have to be a big consideration. No amount of labor saving is going to be any good to you if cleaning up afterwards is going to be a big problem. So, make very sure that most of the part of your food processor is dishwasher safe. Keep all these points in mind and you should be able to buy the correct food processor for your family.