What You Need For This Recipe:
- 1 qt. fresh whole strawberries
- 1 C of vanilla ready to spread frosting
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Colored sugars
- Candy sprinkles
- Grated chocolate
- Shredded coconut
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water and place on paper towel to dry.
- Place the frosting into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on high for 15 seconds or until the frosting is melted and smooth.
- Place the chips, nuts, sugars, sprinkles, chocolate and coconut into separate shallow bowls.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Dip the bottom of each strawberry about 1/3 up into the frosting.
- Quickly dip the frosted strawberry into one of the toppings.
- Place the strawberry on the wax paper.
- Continue until all of the strawberries have been dipped.
- Place the strawberries into the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the frosting has hardened.
Place these strawberries on your appetizer table for the kids to enjoy. They will definitely feel special when they know these little goodies are just for them. Any type of frosting can be used such as chocolate or strawberry. Use your imagination when it comes to the toppings.
Preparation Time: approximately 40 minutes
Chilling Time: approximately 5 minutes
Total Time: approximately 45 minutes
Nutritional Information per strawberry: (approximate values)
Calories 50; fat 2 g; sodium 0 mg; carbohydrates 8 g; sugar 8 g; protein 0 g
With this recipe you move away from the normal strawberries dipped in melted chocolate and the extra sprinkles you toll it in gives it a nice crunchiness to it.